Sorry for the long hiatus... but here's the cause.
Someone on my hosted server got us 0wn3d. Well not too owned, but there was a hole in someone's scripts somewhere that allowed a cracker to gain access to our system. We used this as a seed crystal to clean out the server and help bring management of the box in line with what time people can put into it.
But we've been running in super safe mode, and hadn't even turned ExecCGI back on until now (and I had no intention of being the first to do it). But all my code is running in taint mode now -- and remarkably it only took me about 5 minutes of minor fixes in one library to get there. Woot. It's good to write good code.
Anyway, I've got a long omnibus post coming for the last two weeks worth of stuff (and a lot happened), and I'm going to work on it, but I'm not sure how long it will be before it gets posted.
So sit back, relax and comment away, 'cause ginyu's back.