So while google talks about the whole 'Do no evil' philosophy, I must admit I'm pretty pissed at the new google talk installer. It violates a half dozen rules of ettiquette on installation. Namely:
- I have no choice for where it gets installed. You don't want it in Program Files\Google\Google Talk? Tough Shit.
- It installs the google toolbar without asking
- It installs an icon on your desktop. Without asking (do we see a pattern here)
- It starts up the application automatically
- It sets the application to automatically start on boot